Virtual CD knowledge base
Which Virtual CD Version supports which operating system?
List of supported operating systems
- Virtual CD v1 to v2 and IMSI CD Copier are not Windows 2000/XP compliant.
- Virtual CD v3 runs with Windows 95 to 2000, but is not Windows XP compliant.
- Virtual CD v4 and v5 are compatible with Windows 98/ME/NT 4.0/2000/XP/Win2003 Server.
- Virtual CD v6 is compatible with Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003 Server, but not NT 4.0 anymore.
- Virtual CD v7 runs with Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003 Server, but not under Windows NT 4.0 anymore.
- Virtual CD v8 runs with Windows 2000, XP and 2003 32/64bit, but not under Windows 98/ME anymore and not Vista.
- Virtual CD v9 runs with Windows 2000, XP and 2003 32/64bit, Vista (and 2008) 32/64bit, but not under Windows 7/2008 R2.
- Virtual CD v10 runs with Windows XP and 2003 32/64bit, Vista and 2008 32/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit and 2008 R2, but not under Windows 2000 anymore.
- Virtual CD v10.5 additionally supports Windows 8/8.1, but not Windows 2012/R2.
- Virtual CD v10.6/7 additionally supports Windows as of 2012/R2 and Windows 10.
Please observe that operating systems that are still being developed (beta or RC) and not officially released generally cannot be supported!
A free trial version is available on our website at:
Users of the previous versions can update at special discount here:
Virtual CD Online Shop
#469 | 07/31/15 | Hartmut Mäcker